Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Texas Fall Woods Walk

I went for a walk in the woods yesterday.  I knew that there was a 25% chance that I'd get into some ticks. But there was a 100% chance that if I went out there, I would see something cool.  I considered those odds and decided to go.  The walk did not disappoint.

Along the way, I was reminded of a joke Ancel used to tell.
Why did the mushroom get invited to the party?
Because he was a FUN-GI.  
Here are some fungi and other things I saw on my walk.

These are brackets.  

These are too, but there's also that bit of red fuzzy stuff in the middle.

These may be called "sulfur shelf" mushrooms.  I'm doing more research.  

More Brackets.  These were a pretty shade of green.

Somebody's house.

Spot was my companero. 

Pine bark lichens

Spot checks it out

Puffball with oak leaf

Huckleberries

Woods ogre

 
Monotropa uniflora, also known as the ghost plant, Indian pipe, or corpse plant
Till next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment